Friday 8 October 2010

Fine Art

Hey!...just completed my first week of fine art, and i'm really enjoying it :D....At the beginning of the week when we arrived at the studios there were four installations of random objects sitting there, waiting for our inspiration to be derived from them. We drew sections of the installations and that literally was the story of the first day, i was pleased to be doing observational still life drawings.
We got the next two days off....and so they gave us a list of photos and drawings to do. I ended up at Westminster and I started drawing figures. There were two artists sitting still whilst drawing so i decided to capture them in drawing. The Thursday i went back, a girl came up to our table in the cafeteria and asked for a chair and to my surprise it was one of the students i drew at Westminster!!! :D
Back in the studio we started doing animation pieces using acetate which i really enjoyed. We also used our photos we took and printed out with acetate to produce pieces. I felt this was my best work, so next week i feel i will do mixed media pieces, the theme is yet to be decided.

~ Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment